Required for September 2019
(ISR: 32 – 38)
Bishop Vaughan Catholic School is a Voluntary Aided School for 11 to 18 year-olds in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Menevia and the City and County of Swansea. It was established over fifty years ago to provide secondary education for the Catholic population of Swansea, Swansea Valley and Lliw Valley. The school occupies a large site in the Morriston district of Swansea and caters for 1225 pupils with 220 in the Sixth Form.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher, an inspirational leader with high aspirations for our pupils, staff and parents. The successful candidate will protect, nurture and develop the Catholic ethos and character of our school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed and practising Catholic, with strong personal faith and a passion for achieving a clear vision for Catholic education that meets the needs of our diverse cohort.
- Have a proven track record of successful school leadership at all levels and use these leadership skills to inspire staff and pupils alike to create a culture of excellence.
- Be able to demonstrate a relentless drive to pursue and achieve the highest standards.
- Have outstanding communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
In return we offer:
- A strong, collaborative and culturally diverse community underpinned by the gospel values.
- The opportunity to lead a school with ‘Good’ judgements across all areas (Estyn and Section 50 Inspections 2018).
- Professional and dedicated colleagues, supportive parents and active Governors.
- Well established links with our local parishes, Diocese and Local Authority.
Further details and application forms are available for download below.
Completed applications are to be addressed to The Chair of Governors c/o HR Transactional Team in Room 323, The Guildhall, Swansea, SA1 4PE and should arrive by 4 pm on Monday 4th March 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th March 2019.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and welcomed. Please contact Mr Mark Jones, Clerk to the Governors, on 01792 772006 ext 237 or 07971 073077 to arrange a visit.
The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. It is essential for the successful candidate to be working towards the NPQH or be a serving Headteacher and will be expected to sign a CES contract.
- Welcome letter from the Chair of Governors and Information Pack
- Headteacher Job Description
- Headteacher Person Specification
- Headteacher Application Form
- Notes to Applicants
- Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Disclosure Form